Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1

Ended day in the green but I traded poorly.  Long Aussie in the middle of a 5 minute bull flag at resistance......range was BARELY broken on 3 hour chart over last few hours....but not last couple days.  Trying to front run this break that already broke but didn't break again was a bad idea.  The 3 hour chart tells the story.




Third trade was a pure momo continuation play on the Euro using 1 minute chart.  Blue line entry, red line initial stop and green circle exit.

3 hour chart:

1 minute chart:

2 comments:

  1. My main comment is that today was not a day to trade for 10 pips. Everything was moving so strongly, 20 to 25 pips minimum is what I'd be looking for. Otherwise... hey, you swung and missed a couple times but still ended the day richer than you started. That's always good trading in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Richard. My measured move would have given me a nice gain....arghhh. I really need to concentrate on exits.

    ReplyDelete