Monday, September 12, 2011

Best Day Ever

Well not my best day.  I remember I made $50,000 in a day "investing" during the tech boom.  Took me a year and a half to lose that money.  Tuition :)  But I digress.

I let my profits run to their targets and  it paid off today for R 6.0.  Today was almost as good as my entire "great" week last week!!!  I realize the markets are volatile and trending nicely....hopefully I can spot these wonderful opportunities in the future.

I was stalking this Aussie trade on the daily timeframe.  Friday printed a bearish engulfing candle bumping up on support @ 1.0400 area.  The second yellow arrow is where I added to my position.  I should have waited for a better entry on the add...but it worked.  R 4.0 total was the final gain.  The blue circles are buy (cover) limit orders.






Euro retraced and filled gap left by weekend.  It produced 2 nice trendlines to play off of.  The second trade where I added printed a 15 min reversal bar at second trendline.  R 2.0 gain in total.


Log:






No comments:

Post a Comment